20 November 2009

Tiger Tales

Now the weather has turned, it is time to put the Tiger away until the Spring. Before then however, a group of us drove the Kent countryside down to Deal for breakfast on the pier. Beautiful weather, some great driving and a pretty decent breakfast made for a fun morning. In fact, the breakfast was huge - as you can see in the photo.

The only hiccup was an odd noise coming from the engine on the way back. Which got louder and louder and sounding very much like a wallet threatening catastrophy. I made it home okay and left the car for a few days before daring to go and investigate. When I did, I couldn't find the source until, just as I turned the engine off there was a bang and out from under the car rolled the alternator pulley wheel. So, not so serious after all as I was able to put a new pulley and fan on the alternator using parts from an old broken one I had in the garage.

And that's probably it for the year, with just a couple of small jobs to do over the winter - re-fixing the new seats and installing an oil pressure guage, which I think is essential for track days. Oh, and I'd probably better clean it.

No comments: