17 November 2009

Mott the Hoople

A few weeks ago I was in Philadelphia. When I was there I discovered that Mott the Hoople were playing at the Hammersmith Apollo. But the concerts were taking place whilst I was away. I was gutted. One of my favourite bands from the seventies, I regularly have Mott tracks on my MP3 player.

So I couldn't make the concert. But I could get the CD. I ordered the live concert CD the moment I got back. What a disappointment! Mott had been stuck in time for me, and hearing them playing some of the early material and some of their big hits just made me realise that Ian Hunter is now in his seventies..... and sounds it. He's still a rocker, but I'm afraid these gigs were simply a step too far for this great band. You should have stayed at home boys!

No comments: