18 November 2009

Baseball


I've decided to start playing baseball again. I was injured for much of the season before last and last year I decided not to play so I could fit in all the other things I'm up to - the car, bike, exercise and so on. And now I'm really looking forward to it. I was elected chairman of the the Kent Mariners club, which is a non-executive position, but allows me to help out with the running of the club. When it comes to playing however, I think I'm now too old to play competitively, but in many ways that takes the pressure off, allowing me to enjoy the opportunities I do get more than I would have.

The club looks like it will have some useful fresh playing blood in the team and we're finally going to have some strength in depth. 2010 should be a good year for The Mariners.

And training begins properly right after Christmas.

No comments: