25 June 2008

Track Days

I’ve booked myself and the Tiger on an evening track day at Brands Hatch on 17th July. Quite a few things to do before then, although I’ve found out the new lighter wheels are having to be made and may not be ready in time. I also need to get the new Green Stuff brake pads fitted soon as they’ll need at least 100 bedding down miles before going out onto the track. I’ll be using 17th July as a testing day prior to a full day session in August, by which time hopefully the car will be fully set up. I've also decided not to bother messing with the exhaust to get it within noise limits for tracks day, but to have one custom made to my specification. I've specified a 97db limit, polished stainless and re-packable so that I can make it louder, or quieter, as I need to. Powerspeed will be doing the work and it's being fitted a couple of days before the first track day.

No comments: