05 June 2008

New Toy 2

I've had the car a week now and not had much chance to get it out and play - largely due to the rain. However, I do have a list of jobs to do before it'll be ready for track days. I think the car is fast enough already (almost 168 bhp in a very light car), so I want to make sure it goes round the corners, stops and is safe. First will be a new roll bar - one with four legs and a cross brace to replace the standard Tiger offering which I think might just fold in the event of a heavy accident. Having seen this I think that's the minimum standard. Next will be four new wheels fitted with Toyo R888 road legal race tyres. Then an aeroscreen in place of the standard windscreen which will be reserved for road use only. I'll probably fabricate that myself using perspex and modified screen supports. And some green stuff brake pads to make sure the car stops as quickly as it accelerates. The car already has full harnesses, so once strapped in, you stay in. The Tiger is being rolling road tuned in a few days time, following which it'll be down to Brands Hatch to get the noise level checked to make sure it is within the track maximum. Fingers crossed as if it's not, that'll mean a new exhaust with a larger silencer.

No comments: