17 June 2008

I made it!

Last Sunday I successfully completed the London to Brighton bike ride in aid of the British Heart Foundation. First off, thanks to all those who sponsored me – it’s a great cause and they need every penny they can get. You can find out more about how they use the money here.

The day was great. Perfect weather – very little wind, sunny, but not too hot. A great crowd of people (27,000 of us) and a great atmosphere. Exceptional organisation and great support from local people along the route. I completed the course in 3 hours and 50 minutes. Although the first few miles were quite slow due to stop start progress through traffic, once we hit the country lanes things moved much more freely.

It was great to see people on tandems, Choppers, roller blades and in fancy dress.

The highlight? Reaching the top of Ditchling Beacon – I was one of the few who rode all the way – and taking in the amazing views across the Sussex countryside.

Will I do it again? Definitely. I may even put a team together for next year.

No comments: