29 November 2007

We won!



Last night I was at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane where my team collected the award for the best corporate website at the CorpComms Awards! I knew we would. Really, I did. Because we've developed an awsome site. Of course, I had very little to do with it. All the hard work was put in by my team. I was presented with the fetching glass and chrome trophy by comedian Frankie Boyle. Photos and everything.

What a great night!

I do wonder how many people in the room realised how fundamentally the corporate communications profession is going to change over the next few years. We have Generation Y people coming into the workplace who will be their own communicators, and we have technology - like the technology I'm using for this blog - that removes the barrier to entry to communications. So people will be willing and able to do it themselves. Communicators really need to re-assess their role now that everyone has a radio tower. Carefully crafted messages and beautifully designed websites will be less relevant, and probably not timely.

No comments: