23 November 2007

Still running

I've decided I HATE GOLF! I've had lessons, but making progress is just such hard work. I went down the driving range today at lunchtime and it was a good half an hour before I was even hitting them straight. Really, what is the point?

I cycled to work on Wednesday as usual, then did an 8k run when I got home. And it felt really good. I'm planning a half marathon distance training run tomorrow, but as the weather is looking like it's going to be really cold, I think I'll do it down the gym on the treadmill. I've got a table tennis match right afterwards, so at least I'll be in the right place. Running is generally easier in the gym, so I make sure I put the machine on a small incline to at make it feel a little more realistic. I'm going to take it real easy - aiming at 2 hours for the 13 miles. I don't want to push it too early and risk injury!

I'm pondering entering the San Francisco Marathon in 2008. I love San Francisco. I could see some baseball afterwards as well.

No comments: