28 November 2007

I'm In!

I got my acceptance for the London Marathon in the post yesterday! Fantastic! I can't wait. I've also got a place in the Silverstone Half Marathon in March. That'll be part of my London preparation. My running distances are slowly increasing - see last post - and I've just 2 weeks left before I switch from cycling 4 days a week and running 2, to 3 days a week for each. I don't plan to do any more than that as my legs are too prone to injury. I've also modified my expectations and will be aiming to complete the London course in under 4 hours 30 minutes.

I plan to run in aid of the The Salvation Army Training Centre in Hadleigh which my sister, Shelley, manages. They do great work helping people with disabilities, or who have been long term unemployed, back into work.

No comments: