11 November 2007

Training update

Last week was pretty good. I only needed to ride into London on one day which means my legs were fairly well rested for a fast 10k on Friday. I managed 50'56 in quite blustery conditions. It felt good, and I was injury free at the end. I didn't set out to do a fast run, but after a fairly gentle first 3k, things felt good enough to speed up. I expect to be sub 50 minutes in the next few weeks.

The policy of not running so much and doing much more cycling seems to be paying dividends in keeping me injury free. I'm also taking fairly high doses of Glucosamine Sulphate, which appears to help with post run recovery.

Today I took the road bike out and did a fairly gentle 60k ride around South London. It was too windy to make it much fun, and it's quite a hilly route - including Chislehurst Hill on the way home. However, at least the heart rate monitor didn't go crazy like last week when I came over Shooters Hill!

I've got 4 round trips into London on the bike this week - just as the weather starts to get cold! That means I won't be runninng until Friday, so no risk of injury. Let's just hope I can start to get the distances up soon.

No comments: