25 October 2007

Facebook at work

I can see plenty of uses for Facebook inside an organisation. But what I find really interesting is how organisations will react to the further blurring of inside and outside, personal and business, work and leisure. I'm sure some will try and block it, but others will embrace it. Here's what I said on the Intranet Life blog...

"Inside an organisation - terrific potential, for the reasons others have outlined above. Except that, no matter how we as the professionals dictate how these tools should be used, it's the users who will actually decide how they're going to use them and where the value will come from. That's difficult to predict. And we're increasingly blurring inside and outside, so the features that people use 'outside' will need to be there and we'll need to understand better how to manage the resulting content explosion. Just hope I don't get 'poked' too often ;-)" You can see the full thread here.

No comments: