11 March 2008

2,375th

I made it! I came a splendid 2,375th out of over 4,800 runners in Sunday’s Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon. I was pleased with my time of 1 hour 57 minutes 53 seconds – a couple of minutes inside my target time of 2 hours. Although it was cold on the day, the weather wasn’t too bad, but it did get quite windy during the second half of the race. There was a great atmosphere at the start of the race – there always is – but running round the track meant there weren’t many spectators, nor much encouragement, as the race went along. It certainly wasn’t as much fun as the Bath Half Marathon last year. Nevertheless, I’m glad I did it as now my sights turn to the big one – The London Marathon in just five weeks time. At the moment I’m still thinking I’ll be doing it, but I’ll need to get a gentle 25k training run in this weekend, and a 30k run next weekend to be sure. I have moderated my target time though. Realistically I haven’t done enough road running to seriously go at 4 hours 15 minutes, so I’m settling for a target of 5 hours.

No comments: