25 July 2009

Thorn Audax

After several weeks of research, I've finally taken the plunge and ordered a new bike. I was looking for something that would be suitable for winter training, comfortable for the long distances I seem to be doing these days, and would be strong enough for Lands End to John O'Groats next year.

It had to be a steel frame for comfort, strength and longevity, yet I didn't want the weight of a full tourer. Obviously, it needed a wide range of gears, good quality components and have comfort options like mudguards. A bike built for Audax events seemed the obvious solution, and of the ones specifically built for these events the Thorn Audax comes very highly recommended.

So after a chat with the very friendly folks at SJS Cycles, one is now on order and should be made for me by about the middle of September.

No comments: