17 April 2008

Yet more blending

A while back I blogged about how we're blending and blurring lots of things these days. This is the original post. Another example cropped up today - Twitter. I've signed up to Twitter which is a very easy way of your friends and colleagues keeping up with what you're doing. In fact, you can see my latest 'tweets' on the right hand side of this page. What's interesting though, is that if someone sends me a direct message via Twitter it comes through as a text message on my personal phone. I don't mind this as over time my Twitter network to be a mix of business contacts and private friends. But will everyone be as confortable with this blending as I am?

Now I need to figure out how to 'tweet' to my network that I've posted this blog entry.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

... of course, using Twitter, these things are easy!
I live in Cromarty and was interested in @shippingcast - done by @timd at adoptioncurve.net - who I decided to follow.

he'd tweeted some links here and alluded to setting up Group Tweet here.

Hmm. Looks interesting. I bookmarked it at del.icio.us. "I could blog about that" I thought. With irritating synchronicity, @richarddennison was asking about anyway of tweeting to groups... so I tweeted back - and the rest you know!

I think we have to accept a degree of crossover between work/life; it's all about balance, isn't it. Managers have to learn that they don't set the balance. Those they manage do - and they must be encouraged to set it sensibly...

Nic Price said...

I've been calling it worklifeblur.

I like the term "blend" - it makes it sound like we're in control of it :-)