18 April 2008

Lines, lines and more lines (and traffic lights)

Why are there so many lines painted on the roads and pavements in the UK? They’re everywhere, but they make not a jot of difference. What a waste! The money would be much better spent on repairing the roads in the first place. The number of potholes round here is by far the biggest threat I face as a cyclist out on the roads everyday.

And don’t get me going on traffic lights. I even spotted a sign the other day warning me there were traffic lights 11 yards ahead. That’s right ELEVEN yards ahead. The warning sign was so close to the traffic lights themselves that it blocked my view of the lights. Crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was on the bus on the way into town this morning and saw a man blow-torching yellow strips onto the tarmac to create the yellow lines. I never realised they could do that.