12 May 2008

Sometimes marketing departments get it wrong

I've just come back from a week at the Sheraton Fuerteventura. I find it strange that a hotel group as large as Sheraton would choose to build a hotel in such a down market resort. Very strange. Nothing wrong with the hotel - except perhaps the service, but you can read more about that on tripadvisor.com if they finally publish my review -but you'll only enjoy the resort if watching football on a large screen TV in the 'pub' is your thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wouldn't have thought it was top of the list for the demographic Sheraton target.

Live and learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, seems a bit bizarre that they would be there - must be a reason i.e .-they make money out it. I had a similar experience when looking for hotels in brighton recently - except it was the opposite, they all seemed a little too grand!