22 May 2008

Brands Hatch Track Day

Many thanks to Vauxhall for organising an awesome track day at Brands Hatch. For £95 we got a very nice lunch, did some auto tests – including as a passenger in an Astra driven on two wheels by the legendary Paul Swift – and then spent the rest of the afternoon thrashing the entire Vauxhall VXR range round the fabulous Brands Hatch Indy circuit. My favourite cars were the Astra and the Corsa – both with really willing engines and handling to match. Well equipped and good looking too – although the Corsa is a little ‘boy-racer’, but then I guess that’s its market.

Highlight of the day for me was the couple of hot laps with Paul O’Neil. Amazing. Scary. And I still can’t believe he was driving the same Astra as the rest of us.

Thanks Vauxhall for a thoroughly enjoyable, superbly organised afternoon. I’m not looking for a new family car, but if I were it would probably be an Astra VXR.

No comments: