02 October 2010

London Marathon - Update 1

Some five years after having to pull out of the London Marathon through injury, I have finally got another place. I think I learned my lesson, so this time, I shall be taking my training very gently to start with, to try and avoid any further calf and heel problems.

I also need to shift about 15 pounds of excess weight otherwise my knees will complain. So no more cakes.

It's about 5 years since I stopped running seriously and focused on cycling, so, even though I still do the occasional run, I haven't run any events for over 2 years (last one was the Great Capital Run in 2008). And I haven't run further than about 12k for quite a while. Half hour on the treadmill will be enough for today, then I can see how stiff my legs are tomorrow and get a training plan together....

Wish me luck!

No comments: